Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: FunFest presents *** Smackdown

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    FunFest presents *** Smackdown

    ....or something like it [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]

    By Brent Carney
    Content Coordinator / TriCities.com
    Published: July 12, 2008

    KINGSPORT, Tenn. ? Kingsport's FunFest kicked off its 28th year on Friday, and within hours, part of the large crowd witnessed a first for the street fair ? a parents' brawl.

    A fight involving several adults forced police to clear out an event intended for preschool-age children.

    Two women began fighting near where 1- to 4-year-old children were gathered to catch Mardis Gras-style beads being tossed from the stage, police said.

    Witnesses say the altercation was sparked after one woman accused a second of pushing her child in order to get closer to the stage.

    Children and parents scattered while the two women wrestled on the pavement. Funfest organizers used the public address system to call for police, who responded within moments.

    After the fight was quelled, authorities cleared the area around the stage and began helping separated children find their parents.

    One woman involved in the fight received medical attention at the scene. Lt. Bob Abernathy of the Kingsport Police said the fight resulted in no serious injuries.

    Police did not release the names of either woman involved.

    "We reviewed the [TriCities.com] tapes, and we couldn't see who started the fight. We'll give them back the [incident] report and give the information to the two people that were involved, and it will be up to them to get the warrants for assault themselves,"? Abernathy said.

    After a 45 minute delay, the bead-tossing resumed, with parents having to stand behind a row of police who stood between them and the children at the stage.

    A full slate of events is scheduled in Kingsport through July 19 as part of the festival.

    To view a complete Funfest schedule, log on to TriCitites.com keyword "fun fest."?

    [email protected] | (276) 645-2568

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FunFest presents WWE Smackdown

    I'd like to have seen it....I love to watch women fight...lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FunFest presents WWE Smackdown

    due to WWE copyright restrictions, I cannot allow you to post anything with WWE in the headline or topic unless it's actually referring to WWE.
    I'm sorry, and hope you understand

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FunFest presents WWE Smackdown

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victory or Death</div><div class="ubbcode-body">due to WWE copyright restrictions, I cannot allow you to post anything with WWE in the headline or topic unless it's actually referring to WWE.
    I'm sorry, and hope you understand </div></div>

    Let him sue! You saw what happened when he went up against the World Wildlife Fund.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FunFest presents WWE Smackdown

    Isn't that about like putting Virginia Tech, or Dallas Cowboys or any franchise in any topic? Everything is copyrighted.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FunFest presents WWE Smackdown

    No, he called the topic FunFest presents WWE Smackdown. You cannot post that..unless it is actually about Smackdown.
    I'm sorry.
    Yes, everything that has a copyright and is used out of context, not pertaining to that actual thing/event/person.. the post will go through an edit process. I am sorry, and hope you all understand.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FunFest presents WWE Smackdown

    Thanks, I needed a laugh...icon rolleyes
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FunFest presents WWE Smackdown

    GOLLE---YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FunFest presents WWE Smackdown

    WTF, that is a new one.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FunFest presents WWE Smackdown

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, I needed a laugh...icon rolleyes </div></div>

    Jesus Christ, you're not kidding. I thought he was saying it as a joke at first until I actually noticed he DID edit it.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •